CD-ROM containing a range of exemplar lessons illustrating how the development of learning habits can be infused into lessons.
Schools are now establishing a common language for learning across their classrooms, pupils are experimenting with learning capacities, and teachers are acting as learning power coaches. Amidst all this learning-how-to-learm activity, teachers are now seeking straightforward ways to infuse the learning-power capacities with the content of the curriculum. The resources provide some answers
How will the school benefit?
These eBLP resources offer many example lessons together with a lesson design template that shows teachers how to blend curriculum content with the development of learning power habits.
How will teachers benefit?
These materials will help teachers to:
- appreciate how the content (the ‘what’) and the process (the ‘how’) of learning can be woven together and made explicit to pupils;
- recognise where and how to incorporate learning-power capacities into a lesson using the ‘9 thinks’ design template;
- blend learning power capacities into their own lessons whatever the content;
- deepen their own and their pupils’ understanding of learning power.
BLP Infusion Lessons — KS2 Core subjects
Designed by an AST from Bristol
- Ten KS2 lessons infused with learning power capacities shown as Powerpoint presentations together with full coaching notes for teachers
- 3 Mathematics lessons
- Calculating Yr3
- Shape and Space Yr5
- Problem solving Yr6
- 3 Literacy lessons
- Grammatical awareness Yr4
- Speaking and Listening Yr5
- Creative Writing Yr6
- 3 Science lessons
- Green plants Yr3
- Forces Yr4
- Keeping healthy Yr5
- 1 lesson on Collaboration, to build awareness of and best practice in this capacity