A bank of e-learning resources to engage transition or KS3 students with their learning power
How will the school benefit?
This resource ensures a flying start for schools involved in learning power. The resources are designed to be used flexibly to meet a range of school needs.
- Save hours of design and planning time
- Provide examples that will spark teachers’ creativity to develop more
- Develop a common language for learning across the school
- Help teachers infuse building learning power into the curriculum.
How will staff and students benefit?
The 300-plus activities will:
- Introduce students to the idea of learning habits
- Aid students’ understanding of learning power
- Build students’ effective learning habits
- Help students to take greater responsibility for their learning
The materials can be used by teachers:
- in everyday lessons or tutor periods
- in the design of a Year 7 Induction programme
- in Theme days in the KS3 curriculum
- as a whole PHSE programme
- blended into SEAL programmes
What does the Activity Bank include?
The activities are organised under the learning dispositions of resilence, resourcefulness, reciprocity and reflectiveness and cover all 17 learning capacities in the BLP framework.
There are three levels of activities:
- Connecting activities aim to introduce students to a learning capacity.
- Stretching activities enable students to experience using their learning capacity in real tasks.
- Transferring activities enable students to understand themselves as learning powered learners and extend their language of learning.
Each activity has full coaching notes and ready made resources for immediate use. All resources are in PDF format for ease of use. Many of the activities work over a wider age range, or can be readily adapted to do so.
- The Activity Bank is a web-based tool enabling access by any computer.
- This resource forms an integral part of the course Building Learning Habits through the Secondary Curriculum.
- Site licence allows access by all staff from any web enabled computer
|To download example pages in pdf format please click here.|