A bank of e-learning resources to connect young learners with their learning power.
Education practice with younger learners naturally engages their learning power. These resources, written by experienced practitioners, are designed to help teachers orchestrate and extend well-known activities so that they explicitly engage, stretch and broaden pupils’ learning power capacities.
How will the school benefit?
The materials are designed to be used flexibly to meet a range of needs.
They could be used:
- in everyday lessons
- in PHSE programmes and Circle Time
- blended into SEAL programmes.
- in any redesign of the Primary Curriculum
- to introduce parents to BLP
How will staff and pupils benefit?
The materials are designed to:
- Help teachers infuse the building of learning power capacties into the curriculum
- Help childrens’ understanding of their learning power
- Develop a common language for learning across the school
- Start the process of building pupils’ effective learning habits
- Spark teachers’ creativity to develop more …
- Save hours of design and planning time.
What does the Activity Bank include?
The materials are organised to cover the whole BLP framework. They include:
- Taster activities to introduce children to their learning capacities
- A series of original and engaging stories to connect children to the familiar everyday ways of using their learning power
- Stretching activities that enable children to consciously experience using their learning capacities in real tasks
- Ideas of what to look for in the progression of learning power
- Full teacher-focused explanations of each learning capacity.
- Hundreds of suggestions of how learning power can be made explicit and used effectively with younger children.
Activities have full coaching notes and ready made resources for immediate use. All resources are in PDF format for ease of use.
Many of the activities work over a wider age range, or can be readily adapted to do so.
- The Activity Bank is a web-based tool enabling access by any computer via the internet.
|To download example pages in pdf format please click here.|
The price is for one or three years and is based on the school‚ a total number on Roll.