A practical one-day workshop for teachers who have successfully introduced the language of learning and are ready to deliver dual focused learning powered lessons.
How will the school benefit?
- Creates a common understanding of split-screen teaching
- Enables staff to blend learning power throughout everyday lessons
- Creates an initial bank of lessons for the school from which to extend practice in future.
How will participants benefit?
The workshop enables participants to:
- Assess current lessons the curriculum and for learning-power potential
- Adapt plans to integrate learning power
- Identify where and how to incorporate learning power into learning
- Blend learning-power capacities into their lessons, whatever the content
- Develop an initial bank of learning-powered lessons for immediate use.
What does the content include?
- What a learning-powered learning experience looks like
- Examples of learning-powered lessons
- Practical activities engaging participants in designing their own learning-powered learning experiences
What will TLO provide?
- A facilitator and digital presentation
- A resource book for each participant for use during the day
- The workshop is ideal for staff of an individual school that has at least two terms of classroom-based experience of learning power.
- It can also be run for a network of schools with solid BLP experience. To ensure ease of transfer of the ideas into each school, we recommend that at least two staff from each school attend.
- Maximum 20 participants with one trainer due to the hands –on practical nature of the workshop.
- Participants will need to have access to a computer and the internet for the practical activities.